1. How did you get into writing?
2. Do you write first in longhand or just tap away at the computer?
3. What are your current and past projects that you have you done?
"Mark of the Seer", book one in the Seer Society Series, will be out 2/29/12, published by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. There will be five books (at least) in this series. Currently I'm working on my newest series, "The Gracen Chronicles". There will be three books in this series, maybe four. My goal for 2012 is to write three books.
5. What makes your stories different?
The Seer Society is about Biblical Seers who can not only see angels and demons but fight in the Spiritual Warfare. Their guardian angels are always with them and they can send demons straight to hell by simply touching them or shooting God's light from their palms. The Holy essence, which is God's light, flows within them, rendering the demons powerless. Yes, there are many angel and demon books out...I've most likely read them all, and all of them I've loved. But what I can tell you is this - the angels and demons in my books do not fall in love with humans. Yes, there's temptations, but it's not happening. Also there's plenty of teen angst, in other words, real life situation that teens go through daily. I just put a supernatural twist in it. The Gracen Chronicles is another story...that I will discuss later. ;)
That's a hard one. I like mostly paranormal books. I loved the Shiver series, Fallen series, The Mortal Instruments...serious the list is huge. Right now I'm reading "Blood and Light" by Rue Volley, and I'm loving it!
7. Ice cream, gelato, sherbet or sorbet?
All of the above. ;)
8. What do you do to help you write? Do you down the energy drinks? Eat junk food? Run around the house to get the inspiration going? Blast the tunes? Do tell.
Coffee's a must have when I write. Music blasting helps as well. If I'm stumped I take a walk and listening to my headphones...That's about it.
9. What was the hardest part you had to write in your book?
"Mark of the Seer" is the first book I completed, and the hardest part was killing off a certain character...touchy stuff.
10. Where can we stalk you online?
All photography and artwork used by permission of the author.
Questions and blog design done by Alexia Purdy and Amy Conley